Easy DIY Christmas Ornament Idea (Which you can do with your kids) - Upcycling Toys

14:05


Do you have kids? or maybe little brother and sister? If you do, maybe there are lots of toys lying around which you/they don't play with. Or maybe you have lots of your old toys which are hiden somewhere.

Let's change the situation and upcycle those toys. It's a great way to give another chance to your toys and be really useful. 

Keep reading:)


As 2018 is a year of yellow dog, I thought why not to use dof toys in order to decorate a cristmas tree. And I also decided to switch yellow to gold. 'cause I love gold. It looks so beautiful. I just love doing gold things/redecorating and repainting anything in gold. yep. (are you also a gold freak like me? leave a comment below)

For this DIY you need a few simple things which you can find at home:
  • toys (you can actually use whatever toys you want, it can be cars, dinosours etc)
  • acrylic paint
  • ribbon
  • glue
  • eye pin



All you need to do is:

  1. Paint your toys in a desirable color. I painted them in gold and added some white details. You may need to apply a few coats so the color is even. And don't forget to wait until it's dry. (You can also use spray paint and paint all your toys much quicker)
  2. Screw in an eye pin to the back of the toy. I also used glue to secure it properly. 
  3. Push a ribbon through the eye pin and tie it. (You can also simply glue a ribbon to the back of toy without an eye pin. Or you can tie you ribbon to the toy if there is a hole somewhere).

And now you have unique christmas ornaments. They look so gorgeous now. I really really love them. 

P.S. Did you recognised these dogs? They're from The Secret Life of Pets. Yep. I watched it last year twice in the cinema. Just because I actually overslept the first time:D So then I went the second time with my friend when I visited her.  



If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others. Don't forget to follow my blog and social media to keep up with me ❤
love, Limbria
xo
twitter ☽ instagram  tumblr ☽ bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Subscribe