4 Ideas How to Upcycle Travel Souvenirs

15:46


Do you collect tickets, some small souvenirs, postcards etc from the trips? Are they just lying around somewhere and you don't know what to do with them, but you can't throw them away? I feel ya! 

I had a similar situation. I always collect some small "memories" and buy some souvenirs from trips, so I can look at them and remember. But, it can also be a struggle. Have you ever bought a souvenir which is just a place for dust? Yeah? I tended to do that earlier, now I try to buy only useful stuff. But I still have some old souvenirs (dust collectors).

And I decided to find a new way for them, how I can store them or use, so they will not be that useless. Or at least to store them in a nice place, so I would want to open them more often. Let's DIY

1. Organizers

Do you have candy/cookie boxes? Or any cute boxes/cans? Or maybe even plates? 

You can actually store there something. For example this beautiful Swallow's Nest(Crimea) Plate.  We didn't use it as a wall art. Now it's my organizer on my desk for small things(ribbons, coins, hair-pins) which I often use.  
Or you can also store some small things from the trip in the box from that trip. We bought a box of cookies/candies in Vienne. Now I store tickets, small cards from that trip in one of the boxes inside. 

As you can see, this cookie can is my trip collector. I also remembered that I use tea tins as my brush and marker organizers. 


2. Frame
I had lots of shells from different trips. So once I decided why not to use them as they're lying around. You can also use tickets, pine cones, chestnuts etc. Whatever you have, be creative. I can't help but collect all these cute things, even if I can find the same at home. And it's a great practical way to use your travel finds. 





3. Wall Decor 

It's pretty evident, but anyway. Let's firstly talk anout some pretty small things as paper material (post cards, tickets, brochures, magazines etc.). 

You can make a wall art with them: in the frame, on the cork board or any other surface which you can hang. You can glue them or pin. All the things can be from one trip or it can be a collection of all your trips. it's your choice. Just have fun and enjoy. I really like doing it from time to time, to spice up my room a little bit. It's pretty relazing. 

Moving to "dust collectors". Yep, there still can be some decorative dust collectors. But at least you like them and they're pleasing to see, yes? If not, you can diy them and make them a piece of art:) 

As you can see I also used some interesting cookie/tea cans from my trips as decor pieces o my shelves. 
So this frame is full of lots of memories:)  

4. Diary/Planner/Notebook cover

You can use all those little things from trips to decorate your planner. It's only depends on your creativity. 

You can even DIY your own travel scrapbook. Use map/tickets to decorate the cover, for example. And then use your creativity and fill in the diary with memories.  

Here's an example how I turned my boring notebook for Spanish classes into this adorable one. 

Note: make sure that you don't use things with your personal data (aka tickets etc.) It can be pretty dangerous. 

I actually have kind of a travel diary/scrapbook. I glue all those pretty things from the trips. (Tickets, chocolate paper packaging, postcards etc).  And sometimes I even write some notes, if I'm not too lazy.  This is how I do it(it's not an ideal, but it's pretty enough for me, at least now). 


And that's it for today! What do you think about it? Do you have a lot of travel stuff from your trips? What are you gonna do with it now? :) 


If you enjoyed this post, please share it with others. Don't forget to follow my blog and social media to keep up with me ❤
love, Limbria
xo
twitter ☽ instagram  tumblr ☽ bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Popular Posts

Subscribe